Bang on a Can’s annual People’s Commissioning Fund concert returns with a high-octane concert of world premieres and an expanded Bang on a Can All-Stars lineup!
- Jen Baker, trombone
- Robert Black, bass
- David Byrd-Marrow, French horn
- David Cossin, percussion
- David Friend, piano
- Arlen Hlusko, cello
- Allison Loggins-Hull, flute
- Mark Stewart, electric guitar
- Ken Thomson, clarinet
The 2022 PCF concert is part of the Ecstatic Music Festival and will be hosted by WNYC’s John Schaefer.
The concert will also be live streamed on live.bangonacan.org
- Fred Frith: Which It Is *
- Tomeka Reid: UNTETHERED*
- Jeffrey Brooks: Santuario II**
- Nick Dunston: Fainting is Down, Whooshing is Up**
- Ken Thomson: Performative*
- Soo Yeon Lyuh: See You on the Other Side** (with Soo Yeon on haegum)
- Aeryn Santillan: disconnect.**
- Trevor Weston: Rainbows and Butterflies**
**world premiere arrangement
The world premiere arrangements were originally commissioned and premiered as solo works during the Bang on a Can Online Marathons in 2020-2021, and have been newly arranged for this nine-piece ensemble.
For the in-person event, tickets are $25 or $15 for students.