Bang on a Can’s annual People’s Commissioning Fund concert returns with a high-octane concert of world premieres and an expanded nine-piece Bang on a Can All-Stars lineup!
- Jen Baker, trombone
- Robert Black, bass
- David Byrd-Marrow, French horn
- Vicky Chow, piano
- David Cossin, percussion
- Arlen Hlusko, cello
- Allison Loggins-Hull, flute
- Mark Stewart, electric guitar
- Ken Thomson, clarinet
These musicians will perform an entire program of music commissioned since the start of the pandemic. Program (order TBA):
- Jeffrey Brooks: Santuario II**
- Nick Dunston: Fainting is Down, Whooshing is Up**
- Fred Frith: Which It Is *
- Soo Yeon Lyuh: See You on the Other Side** (featuring Soo Yeon on the haegum, a Korean two-string bowed instrument)
- Tomeka Reid: UNTETHERED*
- Aeryn Santillan: disconnect.**
- Ken Thomson: Performative*
- Trevor Weston: Rainbows and Butterflies**
**world premiere arrangement
The world premiere arrangements were originally commissioned and premiered as solo works during the Bang on a Can Online Marathons in 2020-2021, and have been newly arranged for this nine-piece ensemble.
The 2022 PCF concert is part of the Ecstatic Music Festival and will be hosted by WNYC’s John Schaefer.
Tickets are $25 or $15 for students.