30th Anniversary BANG ON A CAN MARATHON
Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 2-10pm
8 hours of Live Music!
200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY
Admission: FREE with Museum admission
Suggested donation $16 before 5pm; free after 5pm courtesy of Target First Saturdays.
Bang on a Can comes to Brooklyn with its annual incomparable super-mix of boundary-busting music from around the corner and around the world! The 2017 Bang on a Can Marathon will feature 8 hours of rare performances by some of the most innovative musicians of our time side-by-side with some of today’s most pioneering young artists.
2017 BANG ON A CAN MARATHON SCHEDULE (subject to change):
- Caroline Shaw
- Joan La Barbara’s A Murmuration for Chibok performed by the Young People's Chorus of NYC led by Francisco Nuñez
- Oliver Lake Crash Bang Trio with Bill McClellan and Reggie Nicholson, drums
- Rabbit Rabbit (Carla Kihlstedt and Matthias Bossi)
- The Pixies/Kim Deal’s Gigantic (arr. Nathan Koci) performed by Asphalt Orchestra
- Merrill Garbus/tUnE-yArDs’ Bizness (arr. Ken Thomson) performed by Asphalt Orchestra
- Louis Andriessen’s De Staat performed by the Oberlin Contemporary Music Ensemble, directed by Timothy Weiss
- Kaki King
- Michael Gordon’s No Anthem performed by the Oberlin Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Selections from Meredith Monk’s Cellular Songs performed by Meredith Monk & Vocal Ensemble
- Amir ElSaffar's Crisis performed by his Two Rivers Ensemble
- David Lang’s just (after song of songs) performed by the Just Ensemble
- Kendall Williams and Pan in Motion
- Ivo Papasov’s Ivo's Ruchenitsa (arr. Peter Hess) performed by Asphalt Orchestra
- Women's Raga Massive
Lead Marathon support by ASCAP.
Pianos provided by Steinway.